The results of the MRI showed a break in her upper thigh, which completely explains the pain. She had x-rays done today so the surgeon can get a better handle on her exact situation and decide if he/she feels qualified to perform the surgery needed, or if it will need to be done by a different surgeon.
Her oncologist at the CTCA recommends the surgery be done here rather than there since their hospital doesn’t have the facilities on site for what specifically needs to be done so she wouldn’t be at his hospital anyway.
So basically we have answers but a lot of details not yet figured out.
My mom is still in good spirits a lot of the time, and at others she is understandably very upset by having to accept things as they are, all the unknowns, and the extreme physical hardships.
Through this experience that started back in September, I have been learning from my mom’s example. At a time when she could easily completely fall apart (and no one would fault her for it), she has been trying to pull out the gifts, has been praying like never before, and has been reaching out for help, trusting her friends and family will answer the call. And they have, powerfully.